Benefits Buying a New Boat
- Who doesn’t like a shiny, new toy? No need to be concerned about how the boat has been used or misused, or whether is has been properly winterized and commissioned. There is no need to investigate the past of it because you will be its first owner and writing its biography.
- You can get exactly what you want and not just what’s available on the market. You’ll have access to the latest technologies and innovations.
- If something goes wrong ad needs fixing, you’ll have a manufacturer’s warranty to back you up. That warranty is served by the dealer, which is a good reason why you need to buy from nearby company.
- You can rig it the way you want with the latest gear selected precisely for your purpose. Unless you buy a boat-and-motor combo with the lowest-offered powerplant, it’s probably a satisfying match.
- You don’t have to get an answer to the most troubling question: Why is this used boat for sale?
Benefits Buying a Used Boat
- With a used boat, you get more boat for fewer dollars, lower cost per year of ownership, and less on the line if you decide a different style or size boat would better serve you.
- Peace of mind in knowing that you’re not going to be the first person to scratch your boat.
- Any initial bugs in boat or motor have likely surfaced and been dealt with. Get a marine survey before signing for reassurance. Marine surveyors see what you can’t and look where you won’t.
- You get time-tested technologies. If a manufacturer brought out a bad boat or balky motor, the Internet and other sources will wave you off.
- You can choose a style of sale—from the trade-in or used stock of a dealer, who must cover overhead but has a reputation to guard and a service bay; from a broker, who has reduced overhead costs; or from a private seller, who may be most motivated.
Costs to Expect as a New or Used Boat Owner
Upfront Costs & Considerations
Purchase of the Boat
Some folks can purchase their boat outright. If you have the choice, this is a terrific way to go because you won’t have to pay any interest or loan servicing fees. Of course, the majority of us will need to finance the purchase.
Remember that buying a used boat can save you a lot of money up front; however, keep in mind that older boats have higher maintenance and repair needs. You also won’t be covered by a warranty.
Whether you’re bringing home a brand-new boat directly from the manufacturer or you’re happy to care for your freshly purchased pre-owned model, there are some fees you can anticipate. After you’ve paid for your new boat’s initial costs, you’ll want to consider the annual costs of owning a boat and perform some long-term planning, such as:
- Boat insurance
- Boating Licenses
- Storage Costs and Marina Fees
- Equipment and Accessories
Lenco Marine Services
Lenco Marine, a seller of luxury boats, offers exquisite vessels to discerning customers, including you, with unmatched elegance and quality.
Lenco Marine, renowned for selling luxury boats, also provides an exceptional renting experience, offering opulent vessels for your adventures.
Lenco Marine stands out as a premier provider of luxury boats, offering customizations that exceed expectations.